Legal Heat was founded 13 years ago with the mission to help keep our students safe. We take that responsibility seriously.
During the uncertainty caused by coronavirus (COVID-19), we wanted to update you on steps we are taking to keep our students safe, along with simple things you can do to help protect yourself.
Steps we’re taking to keep our students safe
- We have enhanced our cleaning methods and increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting our classrooms. Instructors have been given guidance on arriving early, disinfecting classrooms and spacing seating to allow for adequate personal space.
- Students who believe they may be ill are being asked to reschedule their class to a future date. If you are scheduled for an upcoming class and would like to reschedule, please respond to your original emailed ticket and let us know what future date you would like to be enrolled in.
- Effective immediately we are ceasing fingerprinting services in many markets until this passes. If you attend a class where fingerprinting services have been ceased, you will be provided with fingerprint cards at class and instructions for how to obtain prints from local law enforcement.
- In courses that involve any communal use of training aids or tools, we are asking instructors to minimize any sharing of items and when sharing is necessary instructors are being asked to fully wipe down and disinfect items between individual use.
- We’re following the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the World Health Organization (WHO), federal agencies, and other global health organizations to collect the most up-to-the-minute information to ensure the actions we’re taking are comprehensive and expedient. Based on this information, we will decide to continue, pause, or suspend operations in certain markets. Unless you hear otherwise, any classes currently scheduled will continue as planned.
- In the interest of everyone’s health and safety, we are asking students who do not feel well on the day of class to reschedule their class for a future date at no charge. If you have health concerns about attending a class, we are happy to reschedule your class for a future class date at no charge. If you need to reschedule your course, please email your original receipt to [email protected], along with the date of the future class you would like to attend.
Rescheduling of Future Classes:
- Unless we notify you otherwise classes will continue as scheduled. Legal Heat will comply with CDC directives and any governmental orders, and if classes are rescheduled because of these directives and orders, you will be notified. We will make the best effort attempts to hold all classes as scheduled. However, all class registrants assume the full risk if the course needs to be rescheduled to a future date due to Corona Virus / COVID 19 directives from either government or our retail partners.
Steps you can take to protect yourself
- Just as you should wipe down public and shared surfaces with disinfectant, we encourage you to do the same before selecting a seat in our classes.
- To learn more about COVID-19 and other precautions you can take, please refer to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the World Health Organization.
Technology can help
- In 2019 Legal Heat rolled out an industry-first online firearm training academy called Legal Heat Academy. There are a number of states that allow all, or part, of the training required to obtain a permit be conducted online. Currently, we have many online class options available on our website and we will be rolling out several more in the coming days and weeks. You can view all of our online class offerings by clicking here.
- If you live in a state that has an online training option (or would like to obtain a permit from one of those states), and would prefer to convert your in-person class to an online course, please simply respond to your original emailed ticket receipt letting us know which online class you would like to take and we will get your registration changed.
We can all play a part in keeping each other – our loved ones, friends and communities – healthy and safe.
President, Legal Heat