I have a DUI, OWI, MIP or other alcohol related offense on my criminal record. Will this prohibit me from obtaining a permit?

Answer: Each state treats this differently. However, it generally depends on when you were convicted of (or pled guilty to) the offense and when your probation (if any) ended. For example, Utah will generally allow someone to obtain a Utah permit if they were convicted of (or pled guilty to) an alcohol-related offense and their probation (if any) ended more than six years before they apply for a permit. For other states, we encourage you to call the issuing authority (usually your county sheriff) and ask them directly so you get your answer directly from the source.

© National Training Solutions, Inc. All Rights Reserved.