First, your gun should be completely unloaded and in a secure gun case. Magazines unloaded as well. Your gun and ammunition must be securely locked in your vehicle or otherwise secured during any classroom portion of the day(s). The only time guns are to be loaded is at the firing line of the gun range, after your instructor has directed you to load. All other times they are to be completely unloaded.
Items to bring to the range include:
- A fully functioning UNLOADED, CASED semiautomatic pistol or revolver. No antiques.
- 50 rounds of ammunition. No steel cased, armor piercing or tracer ammo permitted.
- Ear and eye protection.
- An auto-loader or speed-loader if preferred, but note: you must show your instructor you can successfully manually load and unload your firearm as part of the range requirement.
- Comfortable (range of motion) clothes. No V-necks or low-cut shirts.
- Flat-soled shoes with good traction and support that completely enclose your feet. No flip-flops, sandals or open footwear.
- Snacks and drinks are permitted but will not be allowed at the firing line.
There are no compromises on safety. Safety is a critical aspect of all classes and unsafe or disruptive behavior in class or at the range will result in that person is asked to leave the class. In the event you are asked to leave, you will not be refunded. The instructor has sole discretion in determining if you have engaged in unsafe or disruptive behavior.